MOBILE INTEGRATED HEALTHCARE/COMMUNITY PARAMEDICINE
Mobile Integrated Healthcare/Community Paramedicine (MIH/CP) discussions have taken place about how this might look in Kansas. KEMSA led a discussion with legislators in the House Rural Caucus back on April 2, 2014. More information on community paramedicine will be added to this page as it is available.
NAEMT Website - MIH/CP - Information, Articles, Resources and much more!
NAEMT MIH/CP Video - released 8/19/14
- Kansas Attorney General Opinion - December 18, 2014 - Scope of Practice in Kansas
- 2015 MIH Summit - Washington DC, April 2015 - Presentations
The big issues were that funding is starting to occur as some additional states are working on allowing Medicaid funding and pushing Medicare to fund CP functions as included in the Field EMS Bill about to be filed in Congress & the successful programs have lots of communication and collaboration between EMS, Nursing, Home Health, Hospice, Hospitals, etc.
Emergency Nurses Association Position Statement on CP Programs - 2015
- ANA’s Essential Principles for Utilization of Community Paramedics - American Nurses Association
- Beyond 911: State and Community Strategies for Expanding The Primary Role of First Responders - National Conference of State Legislatures
- Building a Better Community Medic - August 21, 2014
- California Pilot Program Could Allow Paramedics To Evaluate Patients At Home - Capital Public Radio - July 30, 2014
- Community Paramedics hope to curb 911 overuse for ambulance calls - Inforum - August 30, 2014
- Community Paramedic Services - Minnesota Dept. of Human Services
Minnesota Dept of Medicaid explanation of how their $60/ hour payment for Community Paramedic services is handled
- Community Paramedicine Presentations at JEMS - March 2014
- The Evidence for Community Paramedicine in Rural Areas: State & Local Findings an dthe Role of the State Flex Program - Flex Monitoring Team, Feb. 2014
- Expanding the Roles of Emergency Medical Service Providers: A Legal Analysis - Astho, 2014
- In Dallas paramedic program, 911 regulars get an open line to help - Dallas News, June 9, 2014
- Investigating Informatics Competencies of Community Paramedics: Delphi Study and Survey - 2014
- Healthcare Reform & Community Paramedicine - What Can You Afford to Do? - May 9, 2014, EMS Insider
- Innovation Opportunities for EMS White Paper - July 15, 2013
- KEMSA Presentation to the House Rural Caucus, April 2, 2014
- NAEMT Vision Statement - EMS Organizations Collaborate on New Vision Statement for Mobile Integrated Healthcare and Community Paramedicine -National Associations of EMTs
- A Nurse's View of Community Paramedicine - EMSWorld - July 1, 2014
- Nebraska Report - Feasibility and Role of Community Paramedicine in Nebraska - May 2011
- PRIMARY CARE HEALTH PROFESSIONAL UNDERSERVED AREAS REPORT -Kansas 2014 - KDHE
- Zoll Summit on Community Paramedic - Four brief articles from the recent Zoll Summit on Community Paramedics. They are quick reads with some good points.
KEMSA Stakeholder Meeting - July 18, 2014