The Newton, KS Fire/EMS Department will accept applications for the positions of Firefighter EMT and/or Firefighter Paramedic beginning Tuesday, August 8, 2017 and ending Monday, August 28, 2017. Minimum qualifications for application are:
- Current certification as a Kansas or Nationally Registered Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B), EMT-Advanced, or EMT-Paramedic
- Affirmation of NFPA 1001 (Firefighter I) training
- Current (within one year) certification of successful Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) completion
- Score of at least 70% on each Ergometric Fire Team Test component: Human Relations, Mechanical Reasoning, Reading, Math
EMS certification, FF I, CPAT and Ergometric Fire Team Test results must be on file with Newton Fire/EMS on or before Friday, Sept 15, 2017 at 1500 hours.
- Valid driver’s license
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate of high school equivalency
Residency requirements apply to this position; successful applicants must live within 40 miles of the intersection of First Street and Main Street in Newton, KS within 12 months from date of hire.
Please make application at www.hrepartners.com
To view the full job descriptions go to: www.newtonkansas.com