Applications will be accepted until 08:00 on April 2, 2018
Certification as a Kansas Paramedic or registered as an EMT-Paramedic or Paramedic by the National Registry by May 1, 2018 is required
- Maintains readiness for effective emergency medical response; returns to readiness quickly after emergency calls are completed; maintains accountability for equipment and supplies; completes administrative tasks by established deadlines; participates in organizational development; assures that equipment and station is maintained and clean; unit logs are completed.
- Provides service and medical care in the context of the medical emergency that follows established protocols; applies proficiency in clinical skills; maintains knowledge of established protocols; provides compassionate service to meet human needs; maintains awareness of need for and interface with special operations units; maintains scene safety; transports patient to appropriate destination.
- Collects, communicates and completely documents information about the medical emergency to further quality patient care; delivers complete and timely report to hospital staff; provides complete billing information; assures patient privacy.
- Responds to medical emergencies; drives safely; assures quick response and turnout times within department guidelines; follows appropriate routing.
- Participates in and conducts training exercises for EMS providers, first responders, and the public; participates in training to improve knowledge and skills; participates in inter-agency training and reviews; interacts regularly with first responders; interacts with public to share safety and prevention messages; assists with public education events; maintains appropriate level of physical fitness for response readiness.
- Paramedics assigned to the Tactical Team have the following additional Essential Duty: Provide lifesaving skills during tactical engagement which may include the ability to run, jump, climb, crawl, drag patient, and lunge during tactical engagement.
To view complete details, requirements, salary, and more, click here.