Kansas EMS Certification Information
This page provides you with the different levels of certification in the EMS field in Kansas. For more information, contact the state agency that provides certifications - the Kansas Board of EMS - www.ksbems.org or 785-296-7296.
Levels of providers in Kansas EMS
- Emergency Medical Responder (EMR)
- Emergency Medical Technician (EMT)
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician (AEMT)
Renew Your Attendant Certification Online
Training is available at various community and vo-tech schools across the state. Search here
for courses of instruction.
Kansas Continuing Education Plan Adopted
By now, you have probably received a letter from the Kansas Board of EMS announcing changes to the Continuing Education regulations and information on adopting the new Kansas Continuing Education Plan (KCEP). These documents are available on the Kansas Board of EMS website, www.ksbems.org
. You will find the regulations under the legal drop-down tab/regulations, and the KCEP is a featured link in the center of the homepage.
These changes/requirements go into effect for renewal of certification after January 31, 2017. This means:
- If your card expires 12-31-2016, KCEP category requirements do not apply to you this renewal cycle, but will for the 2017-2018 cycle.
- If your card expires 12-31-2017, hours you are earning now fall under the requirements of the new plan for the current recertification cycle.