Friday Lunch - New for 2019, we have added a boxed lunch option on the registration form for Friday, August 9. This option must be purchased in advance by July 26 and will be picked up in the exhibit hall. Our sponsors are helping with the cost of this meal to help keep your costs low. Lunch on the other days is still on your own with restaurants on-site.
Honoring Our Own - We will hold our annual Honoring Our Own awards banquet featuring a Table of Honor on Saturday, Aug. 10. Tickets for the banquet are not included in a conference registration, and must be purchased by July 26 if you want to attend.
Make Award Nominations at: www.kemsa.org/Awards by June 15.
Location/Hotel Rooms - Our location at the Kansas Star Event Center in Mulvane, Kansas allows us the opportunity for more educational classes, evening entertainment, lunch options on-site, as well as a large number of hotel rooms for our attendees. However, hotel rooms do sell out, so book early!
Hotel Notes for 2019:
1. On July 20, all reservations will be charged for the first night as a deposit for your room. The additional nights will be charged after your stay. If you cancel a room on July 19 or before, there will be no penalties. After July 20, your first night’s deposit will be non-refundable. KEMSA implemented this policy to allow for more people to get into the conference room block without so many last minute cancellations. Please cancel extra rooms before July 19 or plan to share a room if possible.
2. Once the block fills up, the hotel WILL NOT have a waiting list. You will need to call back occasionally and see if rooms have become available. Reservations are the attendee’s responsibility.
ENTERTAINMENT OPTIONS - Don’t forget to attend the entertainment events at the conference to network with other attendees and have some fun. These are included with a FULL conference registration.
Thursday, Aug. 8
2100-2300 - First On Scene Social Sponsored by Med-Trans in the Fire Club (beer provided while supplies last, cash bar, great atmosphere, and lots of networking!)
Friday, Aug. 9
1700-1800 - Exhibitor Showcase/Reception Sponsored by ARV (Appetizers provided and a cash bar available.) No formal entertainment will be provided Friday evening. Enjoy the on-site live entertainment at the Tin Lizard or the casino if you would like.
Earlybird, Pre-Con and Meal Registration Deadline: July 26
The last day for earlybird registration is Friday, July 26, 2019. If you register online after July 26, 2019 or register at the door, the late registration fee is an additional $55.00.
After July 26, you will not be able to register for pre-con workshops due to ordering of supplies. After July 26, you will not be able to order Friday lunch or a banquet ticket.
Online Registration Deadline: August 2
Online registrations will be accepted until August 2, 2019. After that date, you must register on-site at the conference.
Payment Deadline: August 2
All payments for online registrations must be received in the KEMSA office by Friday, August 2, 2019 in order to confirm your attendance. Payments will only be accepted at the conference for on-site registrations. All other registrations must be paid in advance in order for us to guarantee numbers with the event venue.
Continuing Education Categories – While the focus of quality clinical education has remained the same over the years, KEMSA has also worked hard again to provide you with educational sessions that help you meet some of the required components in the Kansas Continuing Education Plan. Each session has a corresponding CE category (and sub-topics as appropriate) listed on the schedule, so you can determine which sessions you want to attend to help fulfill some of your hours. If you still need categories and sub-topics to fill your requirements, check out the KEMSA CORE Conferences being held twice a year.
Lots of CE Hours – Another important element of the 2018 Conference is that we have kept the evening educational hours and early morning sessions for those who want them or need more hours. If you attend all the sessions from August 8-11, 2019, you have a chance to earn a total of 28 hours in just 3.5 days! This includes the sessions and opportunities including:
If you need hours, this is the place to get them at an affordable rate! And, you can still enjoy the evening entertainment once the evening sessions are over!
10. Evening entertainment on-site
8. Regional speakers
7. National Speakers
6. Categorized sessions to help you with CE requirements
5. Pre-conference sessions that are intense and hands-on
4. Lots of CE hours over 3.5 days
3. Largest exhibit hall yet
2. This is the single largest gathering of EMS professionals in the state of Kansas every year.
1. Awards Banquet and Table of Honor Ceremony.
Don't forget these great tips about attending our annual Conference and Expo: